CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

12 April 2010

Yeah, and you should see the OTHER guy!


So, I'm beginning to realize that our blog, in addition to a family history, is also becoming a medical record! The Saturday night before Easter, I was walking down the basement stairs carrying some stuff, and I missed a step, heard a loud crunch, and I was on the floor in pain! But I've been able to count many blessings through the process:
  • My brilliant surgeon husband was home and I only had to scream at the top of my lungs 3 times to get his attention over the game he was playing. When he came to my rescue, he knew just what to do, what to look for to make sure no bones were broken and how to take care of me.
  • When I went to work Easter morning (bummer! But I was not calling in sick, either, since the girl I knew would have to come in my place also had small children and Easter plans.), I was assigned to work on the orthopaedic floor. A doctor checked me out and the nurses wrapped and iced me, and Physical Therapy loaned me a crutch for a couple of days.
  • The weather was warm enough for me to wear crocks and sandles. Not sure what I would have done if I'd had to trudge through snow without real shoes!

A week later, the color from that big bruise around my ankle has slid down to my toes. The toes don't hurt, but they look nasty! Another orthopaedic surgeon on Friday recommended a compression stocking. I picked one up on the way home that afternoon and it has made a world of difference. I'm walking pretty well and it doesn't hurt to walk in a straight line (although I am pretty gimpy). It really hurts, though, when I try to make circles with my ankle. Hopefully time, compression and chocolate will take care of it within 4-5 more weeks.

No comments: